Get Published In a Groundbreaking Magazine
Faithfully Magazine, a fresh, bold and exciting news and lifestyle publication centering on Christian communities of color, is seeking freelance contributors schooled in the Christian music scene.
We need freelance writers who are passionate about trends across gospel, CCM and hip-hop and can write reviews, reports, op-eds and features and conduct Q&As for publication on faithfullymagazine.com and in the quarterly print and digital publication.
Faithfully Magazine does not pay for submissions at this time. However, by working with us as contributors, you gain potential access to interview leading figures and influencers, opportunities to cover live events, access to books, music, and other review materials (that you keep), and will have your byline in a transformative and groundbreaking publication that people are excited about.
Examples of some of the music content we publish:
- Why Gawvi’s ‘We Belong’ Is The Album We Need Right Now
- AMP’s ‘FUTUREGEN’ Makes You Want to Move–and Run Toward God
- Trip Lee Keeps It Short and Sweet on ‘The Waiting Room’
- Rapper and Recovery Minister Dusty Marshall on Finding ‘Beauty in the Struggle’
- Review: Sho Baraka’s ‘The Narrative’ Is Both a Sermon and a Confession
Requirements for a freelance writing position with Faithfully Magazine:
- A music junkie who knows the names, faces, events and dates of (nearly) everything related to hip-hop, gospel, CCM or whatever Christian-related genre you are most into
- Have some experience writing about/reviewing music either through other publications or via self-publication
- Can write critically and objectively about music and know how to ask the right questions
- Can commit to submitting 1-2 articles per month
- Available to accept assignments (to review, attend a concert or conduct an interview) 1-2 times per month
- Are not affiliated with any record labels, publicity firms or other entities that would cast ethical doubt on work as a music writer
The list of requirements above is not exhaustive as exceptions can be made for certain promising candidates.
To apply to be a freelance music writer for Faithfully Magazine, first read a bit about us at http://faithfullymagazine.com/staging/submissions/ and then send an email to us at ‘contact @ faithfullymagazine dot com’ that includes a brief bio (1-3 lines), a pitch about why you would be a good fit for the music beat, links to 2-3 relevant writing samples and 1-2 story ideas or music reviews you would like to pursue.
Only serious applicants who meet the criteria will be considered. We welcome your questions if you need clarification.