Welcome to the premiere episode of Faithfully Podcast Books! Faithfully Podcast books features host Nicola A. Menzie in conversation with authors about their works. We attempt to get beyond the pages of their books to gain insights and inspiration to help listeners better understand their faith, the world, and how to walk effectively in both.
You can find Faithfully Podcast Books on: Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Google Play/Podcasts, Spotify, TuneIn, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Castbox, and other streaming services.
In this episode, we speak with singer/songwriter and worship leader Anthony Evans about some of the things he shares in his new book, Unexpected Places: Thoughts on God, Faith, and Finding Your Voice—and some things he doesn’t share in his memoir.
Portions of this interview were published in Faithfully Magazine #4 (Summer 2018), available for download at our store—click here to Shop Faithfully, or use the button below.
Evans touches on:
- Why he has decided to be vulnerable, honest, and transparent
- Calling his former fiancee’s husband to get clearance about things he shares in the book
- Pressure he faced being a PK (preacher’s kid)
- Why he doesn’t judge people’s lives on a surface level
- How “The Voice” helped him re-imagine how to use his gifts beyond the church walls
- When singing as a career became real for him
- Being a single Christian in a church culture that tends to overemphasize marriage
- Having too much soul for CCM and not enough soul for the gospel market
- Why Christian artists, and others, should take ownership of their work
- How Kirk Franklin and a casting director on “The Voice” influenced his music career
- “Setting the table” as a worship leader, especially when he doesn’t feel like it
- On keeping the faith during turbulent times
- Trusting God to take a risk and move
- His excitement in playing Beast in Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” Live in Concert
- And more
You can purchase Evans’ book through our Amazon referral link here and help support the podcast.
Listen to Faithfully Podcast Books with Anthony Evans and share it on Twitter and Facebook.