Coronavirus has the U.S.A., and the rest of the world, on edge as reports emerge daily about new cases of infection. If people aren’t Googling for COVID-19 symptoms or maps showing locations of recent breakouts, then they’re searching for tips on how to avoid infection or signs of how the virus may be related to Scripture and Bible prophecy.
Others, however, are looking for reminders about trusting God amid times of uncertainty, as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is certainly such a time.
The Bible offers ample encouragement for those who may be feeling anxious or fearful about the present health crisis.
Here are 10 Bible Verses about Fear and Anxiety to help combat feelings of helplessness and worry amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
1. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
2. For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7)
3. I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
4. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
5. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
6. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
7. Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psalm 55:22)
Photo by stockcatalog