It’s that time again! After successful delivery of Faithfully Magazine No. 1 in March, we are back with No. 2, which we hope you will find even more insightful, inspiring and timely.
The cover story for Faithfully Magazine No. 2 (News, Culture and Christianity…For the Times) is titled “WHITENESS IS CRIPPLING THE EVANGELICAL CHURCH”—written by Faithfully Magazine founder and editor Nicola A. Menzie and edited by Katelyn Beaty. Beaty is an editor at large with Christianity Today magazine and the author of A Woman’s Place: A Christian Vision for Your Calling in the Office, the Home, and the World, available in paperback with a study guide in August 2017.
Hopefully, after spending time with Faithfully Magazine No. 2, readers will have a deeper understanding of race and feel more confident and equipped to talk about some of the difficult and discomfiting matters related to the subject.
This is an important issue. Reserve your copy today.
Features and Q&As:
- Update with Paige Patterson, president of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, on professors’ “rapper costume” photo
- Glenn E. Bracey (Sociologist; author of paper “Race Tests”: Racial Boundary Maintenance in White Evangelical Churches published in Sociological Inquiry)
- Trillia Newbell (Author; Director of Community Outreach at the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission)
- Walter R. Strickland (1st Vice President of the Southern Baptist Convention; Special Advisor to the President for Diversity & Instructor of Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary)
- BJ Thompson (Director of Build a Better Us)
- Daniel Hill (Chicago pastor; White Awake: An Honest Look at What It Means to Be White author)
- Nancy Wang Yuen (Sociologist; Reel Inequality: Hollywood Actors and Racism author)
- On Kevin Jones and Jarvis J Williams’ Removing the Stain of Racism from the Southern Baptist Convention: Diverse African American and White Perspectives
Plus plenty more.
Faithfully Media LLC is not responsible for shipping/delivery delays beyond our control. Sales are final.
Keep Christian Media Diverse!Faithfully Magazine emerged in 2016/2017 with the mission to keep Christian media diverse by centering our content on Christian communities of color for an ethnically-inclusive audience. In that time, we’ve made an impact on Christian media and achieved meaningful milestones. But we need your support to keep going. In addition to partnering with advertisers, maintaining a subscription program, and exploring paid live events, we rely on the generosity of readers who see value in our work and in our mission. We invite you to join us, and keep walking with us, in our mission. Every amount, big or small, empowers us to stay the course. Here are a few ways you can join us:
- Become an FMP Subscriber (enjoy unlimited access)
- Give via PayPal
- Mail a Check (payable to "Faithfully Media LLC")
- Buy a Product
- Place an Ad