We’ve put together lists of books, people and organizations, and podcasts that our readers and social media communities say have been major helps in their journey toward antiracism, and in becoming better advocates of racial justice.
Perhaps some of these names and titles will be familiar to you, but we hope you discover some new resources to also aid you in your pursuit of truth, knowledge, and inspiration toward activism.
- Be the Bridge: Pursuing God’s Heart for Racial Reconciliation – Latasha Morrison
- Biased: Uncovering the Hidden Prejudice That Shapes What We See, Think, and Do – Jennifer L. Eberhardt, PhD
- Unsettling Truths: The Ongoing, Dehumanizing Legacy of the Doctrine of Discovery – Mark Charles and Soong-Chan Rah
- Why We Can’t Wait – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Beyond Colorblind: Redeeming Our Ethnic Journey – Sarah Shin
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America – Richard Rothstein
- NO WHITE SAVIORS – Advocacy campaign mostly led by women and professionals based in Kampala, Uganda. Instagram & Twitter @ nowhitesaviors
- BRITTANY PACKNETT CUNNINGHAM -Activist, writer, and former member of President Obama’s 21st Century Policing Task Force. Twitter @ MsPackyetti
- DANIELLE COKE – Illustrator who uses her talents to encourage faith, inspire justice, and help others love their neighbors well. Instagram @ ohhappydan
- LISA SHARON HARPER – Speaker, writer, and activist who helps mobilize religious and community leaders on racial justice. lisasharonharper.com
- BERNICE A. KING– CEO of The King Center carrying the mantle of her father MLK Jr.’s nonviolent philosophy and methods. Twitter @ berniceking
- THE CONSCIOUS KID – Research and policy organization centered on disrupting racism in young people through education. theconsciouskid.org
MORE: See our Twitter “100” list of more inspiring people and organizations to follow.
- “Combing The Roots with Ally Henny” – Justice, and racial healing from a Black woman’s perspective (A Witness Podcast)
- “Truth’s Table” – Race, politics, gender, current events, and pop culture with Michelle Higgins, Christina Edmondson, and Ekemini Uwan
- “Pass The Mic” – Addresses core concerns of African Americans biblically (A Witness Podcast)
- “Be the Bridge Podcast with Latasha Morrison” – Cultivating conversations that lead to racial justice (That Sounds Fun Network)
- “The Church Politics Podcast” – Political analysis from a Christian worldview with Michael Wear and Justin Giboney (AND Campaign)
Read the new issue of Faithfully Magazine... Featuring Brenda Salter McNeil, Stuart Greaves, Irwyn Ince, Michael McBride, Traci Blackmon, Dwight McKissic, Van Moody, JeVon Bolden, Heather T. Day.