By submitting articles, photos, event notices, press releases, and other materials to Faithfully Magazine (www.faithfullymagazine.com), you agree to the following terms. Faithfully Magazine is published by Faithfully Media, LLC.
Content Submission Agreement
Updated: April 4, 2021
We have the right to change the terms and conditions of this Submission Agreement at any time.
1. You agree not to submit inappropriate content, which is content that:
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person
- is libelous or defamatory
- is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or vulgar
- violates a person’s right to privacy
- violates any local, state, national, or international law
- contains or advocates illegal or violent acts
- degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification
- is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling
- contains advertising
- contains a solicitation of any kind
- misrepresents your identity or affiliation
- impersonates others
2. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. You will promptly inform Faithfully Magazine (contact @ faithfullymagazine.com) if you discover content you have submitted violates these rules or is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify Faithfully Magazine and its Faithfully Media, LLC company members, affiliates and their subsidiaries, and its directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents and licencors, from and against losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
3. You understand and agree that Faithfully Magazine is not responsible for any user submitted content. You further understand that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and we may remove content that we deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. We may reject or remove any comment at any time, with or without notice to you. Your submissions may be edited for length or clarity or for any other reason either before or after they are published, and they may be attributed to you and may include your name.
4. You certify that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any content to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may submit content only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these rules for the benefit of an individual under the age of 18, please be advised that you are fully responsible for his or her submissions and any legal liability that he or she may incur.
5. You certify that you have the permission of others who have contributed to or are featured in any content that you submit. If there are any individuals under the age of 18 in any photos, videos, or other content that you submit, you must obtain the permission of each such individual’s parent or legal guardian prior to submitting the content.
6. For any content that you submit, you give us permission to use such content. You hereby grant to Faithfully Magazine a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, display and otherwise exploit such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed. These rights are retained for the duration of the copyright term of the submitted content (work) only for which Faithfully Magazine has paid a fee. In all cases, you retain ownership of the copyright of your content, subject to the rights granted to us in this agreement.
7. In cases where Faithfully Magazine has paid a fee for submitted content, we claim exclusive rights and prohibit others from republishing/reprinting that work elsewhere without first obtaining expressed permission and, in some cases, without paying a republishing fee. We will compensate writers of content that we license for republication.
In cases where we have not paid a fee for submitted content, we claim first rights only when the content is published for the very first time in print, online, or in a digital format by Faithfully Magazine.
If the writer’s or photographer’s work is subsequently republished elsewhere, it must be clearly stated somewhere within the work that the work was first published by Faithfully Magazine and include a link back to the original work on our website. Possible ways of citing our first-time publishing rights include: “This (work/article/essay/poem/photo/etc) was first published by Faithfully Magazine, and can be read at (insert URL);” “A version of this (work/article/essay/poem/photo/etc) was first published by Faithfully Magazine, and can be read at (insert URL).”
In cases where authors submit work that has previously been published elsewhere, Faithfully Magazine claims serial (reprint) rights and will, at the request of the author or the publication holding first rights, clearly state where the work was first published and include a link back to the original work or website.
Keep Christian Media Diverse!Faithfully Magazine emerged in 2016/2017 with the mission to keep Christian media diverse by centering our content on Christian communities of color for an ethnically-inclusive audience. In that time, we’ve made an impact on Christian media and achieved meaningful milestones. But we need your support to keep going. In addition to partnering with advertisers, maintaining a subscription program, and exploring paid live events, we rely on the generosity of readers who see value in our work and in our mission. We invite you to join us, and keep walking with us, in our mission. Every amount, big or small, empowers us to stay the course. Here are a few ways you can join us:
- Become an FMP Subscriber (enjoy unlimited access)
- Give via PayPal
- Mail a Check (payable to "Faithfully Media LLC")
- Buy a Product
- Place an Ad